For those who don’t already know, Google and other search engines, like Yahoo, provide local listing in their search results. These are the listings you fine with a profile, address, contact info, menu, online ordering, reviews, and other business information that are geo targeted usually within a 15 mile radius of your location. For example, one of the most popular search terms, “restaurants near me” will provide organic results within the local listings.
Our goal here at I Do Restaurant Marketing, is to help rank your restaurant organically in the top 3 listings. Why is this important? Well 92% of searchers will pick a restaurant on the first page of the local search results.
Here is a list of 8 factors that will help determine your local listings results:
- Google My Business Signals (Proximity, categories, keywords, etc.)
- Links (Inbound anchor text, linking domain authority, linking domain quantity, etc.)
- On-Page (Name, Address, Phone NAP, keywords in titles, domain authority, etc.)
- Citation (Local Directories, NAP consistency, citation volume, etc.)
- Review (Review quantity, review velocity, review diversity, etc.)
- Website (Mobile friendly, fast loading, content, etc.)
- Behavioral (Click-through rate, mobile clicks to call, check-ins, etc.)
- Social Media (Google engagement, Facebook engagement, Instagram engagement, etc.)
Working with I Do Restaurant Marketing will help you achieve the Local Pack (top 3 local listings) for most or even all of your keywords by aggressively following these 8 points. If you do anything for your online visibility, Google My Business would should be the first thing you do.